Different drones deliver a different performance and overall experience, such as Ruko F11 GIM Vs DJI Mini 2. These drones are sold in the same price range and are supposed to deliver an exciting performance for budget shoppers. However, the two come from different companies, and some notable differences may affect your decision. Today we will see what you can expect from both drones and which is worth buying.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- Do You Need a Drone
- What are Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2
- How is the Design of Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2
- What are the Camera Specs of Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2
- How is the Image Quality from Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2
- What are the Features of Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2
- How is the Flight Time of Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2
- Ruko F11 GIM Vs DJI Mini 2
Buying a Drone
The drone is an exciting device because it allows you to find many new perspectives from the aircraft, those that we can’t access with a regular handheld camera. This device is a remote-controlled aircraft with a dedicated camera and software for your smart device. The best thing about drones is that everyone can fly them with practice. Most drones have a handheld controller to attach the phone and connect with the app. Even if the drone doesn’t provide a controller, you can still fly it with an app like Ryze Tello.
|Ruko F11 GIM||Dji Mini 2|
|Product Dimensions||11.3 x 10.51 x 5.39 inches||7.44 x 5.2 x 9.92 inches|
|Shipping Weight||20.6 ounces||8.8 ounces|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
About Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2
The choice varies, and since drones have become a trendy hobby, you can find many budget alternatives to the more expensive options, such as Ruko as an alternative to DJI drones. The DJI drones lead the market with their advanced features and time-tested quality, but the price is often higher than some budget options, including Ruko. It doesn’t mean Ruko doesn’t have exciting options, but they varied based on various factors. Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 are some of the best options in the budget and mid-range section that share some similarities.
Both drones are foldable, have the camera mounted on an actual gimbal for stabilization, and record 4K videos. Of course, the Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 are not identical because some factors separate the two, such as the weight, controller, and accessories. Like most budget drones, Ruko is more generous when including its accessories because you get more from the bundle. If you want a cheaper drone with as many accessories, check our Holy Stone HS700E Vs HS720E here.
These drones are some of the best in image quality from the price point because they produce excellent pictures and are suitable for different users, whether you want to use the file for personal use or share it with a wider audience. From the value perspective, the F11 GIM is a better choice because it is cheaper but gives you more items in the package. However, if you want something lighter and in RAW format for still pictures, the Mini 2 is more suitable.
Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 Design
One of the significant differences between the Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 is the design. As you can see, while the two adopt the same foldable arms, the Mini 2 is a lightweight model weighing 249 grams versus F11 GIM at 284 grams. Another significant difference is that F11 GIM includes more at a lower price because it gives you two batteries and a padded carrying case. The DJI basic package usually only consists of one battery and controller so you have to buy an extra battery and the carrying case, especially for traveling purposes.
Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 Camera Specs
Most people buy a drone for the camera and image quality so let’s see what the Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 can offer, starting from the camera specs. Like most budget drones, Ruko doesn’t specify its camera specs but its abilities. This drone has a 2-axis gimbal with a 4K camera recording 30fps on the card and an adjustable angle. DJI uses a standard 12MP 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor to take a sphere, 180, or wide-angle view. The maximum video resolution is 4K 30fps, and it can do digital zoom. The still pictures file can be either JPEG or DNG/RAW. Read also: Dji Mini SE Vs Mavic Air.
Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 Image Quality
We also want to see both drones’ image quality, which is surprisingly impressive for the price. The dynamic range is good even though there is no HDR mode on either drone, but the color is pleasant. There is some oversharpening on F11 GIM, but it is not very visible, especially if you watch or see the picture from a laptop or smartphone. The color profile is different which is to be expected, but they still look natural. Recording videos at low light, like during dusk, is also still possible.
You can do a digital zoom on Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 when taking pictures or videos, making them more convenient when capturing something, but you can’t get closer to the subject. The 2-axis gimbal in F11 GIM is surprisingly good at maintaining the footage, and you can always do more in post-editing. However, if you have to take RAW pictures for post-processing, the option is only available on Mini 2.
Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 Features
As for the features, F11 GIM wins the comparison because it offers more fun features from the app. One of the handy features is Follow Me or Active Track in DJI drones. Unfortunately, this feature is unavailable in Mini 2 unless you install or use other software. The Mini 2 also doesn’t have obstacle avoidance like its higher siblings. Obstacle avoidance is crucial if you want to fly lower and avoid crashing the drone. But you still get an automatic return on both drones when the battery is low for safety.
Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 Battery Life
We also want to talk about battery life because your drone relies on the battery to fly. DJI usually only gives one battery for the essential bundle but also sells Fly More, which contains more batteries. DJI marketed the Mini 2 to last 31 minutes but will vary from 25 to 30 minutes with normal use. Ruko includes two batteries for this package; each should last for 28 minutes, but most people find it good for 25 minutes. The actual flight time depends on the flying speed, features, and external factors like wind.
Ruko F11 GIM Vs DJI Mini 2
The Ruko F11 GIM and DJI Mini 2 are some of the best drones you can buy for less than $500. These drones are fun and reliable, and the most important part is they also produce good image qualities far from typical toy drones. But, if you want more professional features, the Mini 2 has a RAW mode that some people may need to produce a higher dynamic range. The Mini 2 is lighter and more compact if you often travel with the device to hunt for exciting pictures.
- Double Flight Time：The package came with two intelligent batteries, each can provide a max 28mins and total up to 56mins flight time; 5G FPV transmission distance can achieve 1900-3900ft; remote control range is as long as 4900ft.
- Easy to Fly: The advanced fly app offers a simple and intuitive user experience, enabling you to start your flight adventure with few steps, and create the incredible smooth footage only with few taps.
- Powerful yet Safe: The drone's brushless motors provide a more quiet but powerful flight while in the air, fly speed can up to 15m/s; GPS Auto-Return Home function guarantee you a safe flight; GPS positioning and air pressure altitude control system create stable flight.
- Intelligent Flight Features:GPS assisted features such as Waypoint flight, GPS follow me, Point of Interest flight allow you to enjoy the creative fun of flight; fly app offers comprehensive fun features, you can share your adventure with just one tap! Start a fun adventure.
- PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories
- OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest
- 4X ZOOM: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition
The decision is yours because we may have different preferences. But, we recommend the F11 GIM for everyone who doesn’t need the RAW or small form because this model is cheaper and gives you more in the package. This drone is also easy to fly and has many features to improve the user experience.